Since the inception of Google, online businesses have gone mad to get their website on top. Apparently, it's not easy to acquire top position as there are many smart SEO Gurus working on 1000s of websites to get them on top. So what a small or micro enterprise could do to get instant traffic and get their site on top in Google in long run.
Well, there are at least 20 advertising avenues where businesses could promote their website to get instant traffic and grab top position in Google through quality links generated by promoting sites in these 20 advertising avenue.
1. Local Listings: There are several local search listings such as Google Local Business Listings, LocalSearch.com, local.com, Yelp, Yellow Pages, Yahoo Local and Bing Local where business can promote their online and offline presence for free and sponsor listings on these locals are almost 1/5 of what one would pay at SEM.
2. Another way to market is through promoting sites at PCE - Price Comparison Engines. There are several price comparison engines such as Google Products, Shopping.com and Amazon.com where you can upload your datafeeds of products and it gets compared with other seller. Remember Google Local and Products comes on top of the search results - so its worth maintaining presence on Local and PCE
3. Article Submission is another way to promote products and services. There are more chances of your article to hit top page in search results rather than your site hitting it. Million of readers come to read interesting articles, and these article sites fits well in search engine result pages SERP just like Wikipedia, so promoting your quality article is another way to promote your business online.
4. A video submission is another great way to promote website online. In fact video submission is one of the tools to promote product and services locally. When you upload the video it seek for your local details and anyone locally searching for information; there are good chances that your video will come top in search results.
5. Social Bookmarking is another great tool to promote online. Social bookmarking has two facets benefits - firstly, it's like a human edited directory, where several online surfer recommend a website or a news about a product and services online - secondly, it helps in reaching potential and current customers just like social media. Very few businesses have actually tried networking in social bookmarking sites.
6. Relevant business directory submission is vital for businesses. Perhaps, one has to stay away from spam directory which would not bring any good results to the website. There are ways to identify such spam directories. Firstly, you will see very few listings in there, secondly their page rank would be not more than PR4 and finally, they would always have some errors in the process while submitting the website.
7. Press release is another way to promote business. You not only get permanent linkback but there are chances of getting on first page as all major search engines promotes press release on first page - either on the top or in the bottom.
Summarizing this article, there are many businesses who could not afford paid campaign and they have stick to such free web marketing for years and running their business profitably. It is also recommended that some paid advertisement is necessary to reach customers beyond these avenues.
Amin Lalani specialize in e-business and writes often in local and international magazines about ways to setup and achieve success in e-business.