Most marketing challenges are on small businesses. They do not usually have enough budget to carry out elaborate marketing strategies just like big businesses. The problem for these businesses is how to squeeze their meager budget in a decent marketing campaign that will let them generate a good number of customers and let their business grow.
It is no secret that effective marketing will probably require some amount of time and money. There are actually plenty of marketing ideas available today, but most of them are not cost effective for small businesses. The good news is there are incredible and inexpensive marketing strategies today that will help you extend your marketing exposure without spending a fortune. All you need is a little investment and knowledge.
The following are incredible affordable but effective marketing ideas that will help you get started in your marketing campaign.
1. Go back to the basics and use traditional marketing materials. This can be business cards, post cards, or custom calendars. Believe it or not, these materials are actually inexpensive to produce and would not take much of your budget. You can print them with just a minimal investment but get a decent market exposure. Just take the calendar. If you can create an impressive calendar, people will surely display them in their home or office. This will give you a guaranteed whole year exposure or even more if people continue to hang them long after the year is over.
2. Go online. These days, the trend is to promote your business online. It does not really cost a lot to promote online. You just need a computer and Internet, and you get to get your business promoted in the virtual market. You can send emails, maintain a blog, or join social networking sites. These care good online strategies that will help build your reputation in the online market. If you can get a big audience, the easier it is for you to generate sales and keep a loyal customer base.
3. Start a referral program. Why not encourage your existing customers to refer you to others? Of course, you need to make sure that you provide good service to these customers so they will be willing to refer you to other people. You can also give referral incentives printed in your business cards or calendar templates to encourage people to refer you. But if you can provide excellent service or product, you do not need to encourage your customers to refer you. They will be the ones to do the marketing themselves.
4. Create an impressive web site. If you want to make it easy for people to know about your business, building your own web site is the best option. Be sure to include your web site address in all your marketing materials to direct people to it.
5. Join organizations in your area. If your customers know that you are a trusted member of the community, it would be easier for them to trust you. Your image will be boosted and help you gather a good number of customers from your local community.
If you follow these simple tips, you will find out that marketing your business will not only be inexpensive but fun as well. In the long run, you can raise your credibility in the marketing and boost up your bottom line.
Janice Jenkins is a writer for a marketing company in Chicago, IL. Mostly into marketing research, Janice started writing articles early 2007 to impart her knowledge to individuals new to the marketing industry.