Joomla is an award-winning content management system that helps even the common people to build powerful and attractive websites for their businesses. However, with the easy availability of various extensions for Joomla, people often get confused as to which one is the best to use. After developing modules, components, plug ins and templates, one needs to develop extensions for almost everything. This helps in making the capabilities of the core Joomla software program endless.
Some of the Joomla extensions that are popular with the website owners due to their abilities can be enlisted as follows:
1. Community Builder: This extension has many key features such as image uplod, extra profile fields, ajax email, front end workflow management, and many others that are quite helpful to the user. Moreover, this is the place where the forum communities of various Joomla application users can share their experiences.
2. JCE Editor: though joomla already has a default editor called TinyMCE having great features, there are many looking for greater control on editing such as convenient image loader, total font controls, smilies, table builder, and many other features. In order to accomplish the same, one needs to have JCE or Joomla Content Editor by his or her side.
3. Xmap: with the cut throat competition in today's internet world, almost all website owners try to achieve that ever elusive high search engine ranking. One of the major way to achieve the same is by creating sitemap for the website. However, it is often tedious to maintain them when managing an ever-changing dynamic website pages. Xmap helps in an easy creation of a visual html sitemap for the main users and an XML sitemap for the benefit of the search engine crawlers.
4. Virtuemart: this Joomla extension helps in changing a simple Joomla website into an ecommerce website which may suit the needs of the customers much more aptly.
5. JoomSEF: The SEF in the JoomSEF means search engine friendly. By default, no Joomla application builds search engine friendly URLs for the website. Instead, they are quite ugly and hard to read at one go. JoomSEF helps in solving this problem for the users and search engines by creating much simpler and user-friendly URLs.
6. Slide show Pro module: this extension helps in developing all types of slide shows on the website itself. Supporting three different languages, it is a perfect extension for those looking to have slide shows on the website.
7. JomSocial: this extension is actually a group of components that extends the Joomla software capabilities and also helps in building personal social networking website. They have many features that make it quite favourable with the customers such as buddy system and private messaging, and various others.
This is just a small list of some of the top Joomla extensions that can be used to help the website owners. There are many more that can be chosen depending upon the needs and requirements of the user.
Quantum Coders LLC specializes in designing and development of Content Management Systems using Drupal and Joomla. The company has a good exposure in Drupal, Joomla, PHP, Dotnet, Java, Smarty, CSS, Struts, web designing and SEO.