|English: The black box testing and white box testing involves in database testing. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
- Provide run-time error and memory leak detection;
- Record the exact amount of time the application spends in any given block of code for the purpose of finding inefficient code bottlenecks; and
- Pinpoint areas of the application that have and have not been executed.
- The number of regions of the flow graph corresponds to the Cyclomatic complexity.
- Cyclomatic complexity, V(G), for a flow graph, G is defined as V (G) = E-N+2
- Start at the innermost loop. Set all other loops to minimum values.
- Conduct simple loop tests for the innermost loop while holding the outer loops at their minimum iteration parameter values. Add other tests for out-of-range or exclude values.
- Work outward, conducting tests for the next loop, but keep all other outer loops at minimum values and other nested loops to “typical” values.
- Continue until all loops have been tested.